- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom or nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Icing, recipe below
- 1 recipe Candied Carrots, recipe below
2. In a bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, soda and salt. In another bowl combine carrot, eggs, milk, and oil; add to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 55 to 60 for the 8×4-loaf pan or 30 to 35 minutes for the large loaf pan or 30 to 35 minutes for the small loaf pans or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (check the loaf 10 to 15 minutes before the end of baking time. If it is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil). Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove and cool completely on a rack. Wrap in foil; store overnight before slicing. Store up to 3 days at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months. Glaze with Cream Cheese Icing and top with Candied Carrots just before serving. Makes 16 servings.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 – 4 teaspoons milk
Whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and a little milk until smooth and glazelike. Drizzle over Carrot Bread.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 large egg whites
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350°. Line cupcake pan with liners; set aside.
In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scrape down bowl, and beat in vanilla.
Add flour mixture and milk alternatively, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide batter evenly among liners, about three-quarters full each. Bake until golden and tops spring back to touch, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
Combine sugar and egg whites in mixer bowl. Place over a pot of simmering water; whisk until hot and sugar is completely dissolved, 3 minutes. Transfer bowl to mixer stand. Using the whisk attachment, beat mixture on high until cooled, about 15 minutes.
Using paddle attachment, add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completely incorporated. Stir in vanilla. If not using immediately, refrigerate in airtight container up to a week, or freeze up to a month. Bring to room temperature, and re-beat or stir vigorously before using.
(To make chocolate frosting, substitute 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled for the vanilla extract.)
Makes 5 cups of frosting.
Autism – A Practical Guide For Parents [Kindle Edition]
These eBooks are currently FREE. Amazon prices change often, so get them while they are FREE You don't need to have a Kindle to read these books. You can get Kindle for your PC for FREE. Or, you can get Kindle for your iPhone, Blackberry, iPad and Android.
Go HERE and register/login for a buy one, get one FREE coupon for Del Monte Southwestern Tomatoes.
Click the “FREE TURTLES ” link on Facebook for the next 5 DAYS through Wednesday, February 13th at 9 a.m. PT/noon ET each day for your chance to WIN – there will be 1,000 WINNERS total (and the first 5,000 people to enter each day can print a coupon for $1-off TURTLES!
Check out some of the latest coupons released! You'll find some for Starbucks, Hormel, and more!
$25 for $50 worth of desserts from David's Cookies. Order by 2/12 at 10am EST for Valentine's Day delivery! $4.95 flat-rate shipping!
- Choose from ready-to-eat and ready-to-bake selections
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift
- Save is valid sitewide at davidscookies.com, however, it cannot be combined with other coupon codes
- Code available immediately after purchase on Eversave
- Promotional value expires on Aug 8, 2013.